GCS Step 1

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wikizine - Special edition

Request for help

Dear readers,

Almost two years ago I started with Wikizine. The very first message send out about it was also a "special edition". That was to present Wikizine, what it was all about.
This one now is not to explain what Wikizine is.

Wikizine is not totally unsuccessful. The number of readers has only go up since its existence, slowly yes, but up nevertheless. The rare feedback has been positive.

It was my intention to create a platform with Wikizine to bring together the most relevant information, news, from all Wikimedia projects and languages. I felt, and still do, that there is a need for that.

I hoped that after some time a network of reporters of the various wikis, languages, projects, would form who could bring there news to the larger community by means of Wikizine. And also that the would people step up to join me in creating Wikizine. This largely did not happened. In the last two years some people have volunteered and helped with making Wikizine. But that where far to few, who did  not a lot and only for a to short time to have any real impact.

Wikizine was and is still a one man show.  I have made all editions until now of Wikizine. I can not continue like this. It has become more difficult with every edition for me to bring myself to get the next one ready. The time it was fun is long gone. The frequency of the editions has become more and more erratic. And the quality is falling.

I need people who are willing to work substantially on Wikizine. And not only today but on the long term. Finding news, writing it in the draft; constructing Wikizine.
If you like to help please contact me; walter AT wikizine.org

Request for help for Wikizine has been send out before, only not so explicit like now. This is also the first time I send it to non-Wikizine channels.

The responds the previous times was always nearly zero. I do not expect anything else this time. Surprise me.

Greetings,
Walter Vermeir

The editor-founder of Wikizine


Editor(s): Walter ,  Contact: reply or http://report.wikizine.org , Website: http://www.wikizine.org , Wikizine.org makes no guarantee of accuracy, validity and especially but not limited to, correct grammar and spelling.
Wikizine.org is published by [[meta:user:Walter]], and is not a publication of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikizine is a weekly publication as long as there is noteworthy news (and time) Content is available under the GNU Free Documentation License. http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Wikizine. Comments may be moderated.