GCS Step 1

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Year: 2007 Week: 26 Number: 76

Foundation
  • [Board elections: round 1] - The first round of the board elections are over. The candidates who are confirmed will now be listed as actual candidates in the election. There where 18 candidates. 15 of them passed the endorsements procedure. Most of the candidates received support that exceeded the necessary 12 endorsements many times.  There was one very late submission of candidacy about 6 hours before the closing of the deadline for submissions and endorsements. In those few hours this candidate received 36 endorsements.
  • [Board elections: round 2] - The vote is open now and this until 2007-07-07, 23:59 UTC.  The link to that page to vote can be found in the site-notice. To have voting rights if the are active on any Wikimedia wiki for at least 3 months before 2007-06-01 and have at least 400 edits before that date on that wiki. You can have voting rights on several wikis but only one will count. Do not do that, vote only on one wiki.
There are 3 candidates that will be elected in this elections for a 2 year term on the board. Despite there are only 3 places to fill voters are free to vote for as many or few candidates the want to do. The system that is used is called "Approval voting".  See article to see what that means.  

New this election is that there is an external partner to oversee the elections; "Software in the Public Interest". This to ensure the neutrality of the election.

Community
New project proposals
Other news
Statement by candidate Frieda

Ciao,

I'm Frieda.
Usually I'm on time, but I arrived late and in hurry with my nomination and here too..
Months ago I was thinking about this election and I decided not to candidate myself this year because few people know me and Wikimedia Italia still needs (I think) my help.
But Saturday afternoon I was reading and discussing the other candidates' statements with other wikimedians and I found many ideas that I cannot agree with, therefore I wrote my statement.
I want to underline, among the rest, two points:
  • every Wikimedia project is equally important
  • Chapters are essential to WMF
You can find my full statement and Q&A on meta. I'm sorry in advance if my answers are too pithy :-)
Ciao,
Frieda


Wikizine provides the candidates for the board election who are interested to do so a forum to present there self to the community. This is not a sign of support by Wikizine for those candidates. This offer to the candidates has now expired.


Number of subscribers: 665 , Unique Visitors website last week: 290 , Editor(s): Walter
Thanks to: Siri Contact: reply or http://report.wikizine.org , Website: http://www.wikizine.org  , Wikizine.org makes no guarantee of accuracy,  validity and especially but not limited to,  correct grammar and spelling.  Wikizine.org is published by [[meta:user:Walter]], and is not a publication of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikizine is a weekly publication as long as there is noteworthy news (and time) Content is available under the GNU Free Documentation License. http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Wikizine. Comments may be moderated.