GCS Step 1

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Wikizine - number: 47

Technical news
Foundation
Community
Media
Stats
[Conlang] - The total number of articles in planned language (or "conlang") Wikipedias and net encyclopedias has passed 80,000. There are at present 7 active Wikipedias on the main list: Esperanto, Ido, Interlingua, Novial, Volapük, Lojban and Interlingue]], with 79,665 articles. In addition, the Meta page notes the Wiki lexicon of Lingua Franca Nova with 573 articles, and the two former Wikipedias of Toki Pona and Klingon, with 301 articles. This gives a total of 80,539, slightly below 1.5% of all Wikipedia articles. The 7 active Wikipedias have 3,445 registered users.

The largest is the Esperanto language Wikipedia; the have reached 60,000 articles.
http://eo.wikipedia.org

Other news
  • [Wikipedia 0101] - Librarian John Hubbard has created an extended Flash presentation about what Wikipedia is, or at least the English language Wikipedia, how it works and topics. Very nicely done. You need Flash 8 or above to make it work. For Linux there is a link to Flash 9 Beta, very easy to install. Read the read-me.
Was ist das?
IMHO: In My Humble/Honest Opinion
IMO: In My Opinion
IMNSHO: In My Not So Humble Opinion.
IANAL: I Am Not A Lawyer
IRC Quote
<by> Is there anyway I can tell the world I'm an idiot?
<Seven7> Of course, just type your name, where you live and your confession
<by> Kk
<by> I am Mark Duval of Belgium, and I am an idiot
<by> ?
<by> Now what?
<Seven7> Don't worry. It's done
Editor(s): Walter - Corrector(s): Gary Kirk - Contains text from: David Monniaux

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Wikizine. Comments may be moderated.